All Yale students receive an “@yale.edu” email account. Accounts for Yale College and most GSAS students are provided via EliApps, Yale’s version of Google G Suite, which includes: Gmail, Google Drive with unlimited storage, and Google Calendar. Some GSAS students in HIPAA-covered programs or programs affiliated with the Schools of Law, Management, or the Environment may recieve an Office 365 email account instead of an EliApps account.
Access Your Yale Email
After activating your NetID, you can access your email account here. If you have an EliApps account, you can also access your email by visiting gmail.com and entering your Yale email address when prompted to log in.
Add your EliApps Account to Your Mobile Device
- Download the Gmail app onto your mobile device. Open the app.
- Tap the “Sign in” button at the bottom of your screen. If you already have an email account linked in the app and want to add another account, simply tap your profile icon in the top-right and then tap “Add another account.”
- On the next page, tap “Google.”
- Tap “Continue” to allow Google to sign into your account.
- When prompted to enter in your email, make sure to type it out fully (e.g. email@example.com). Hit next.
- You will be automatically redirected to CAS (Central Authentication Service). Log in using your NetID and password.
Change Your Preferred Name/ Email Alias
If your preferred first name differs from your legal first name, you may request that your preferred name be used. If you do so, you’ll also need to separately request that your preferred name be used as an alias—or alternative—for your university-provided email address.
You can find more information about this process here: How to change your preferred first name and email alias.
To change your preferred last name, contact the Help Desk for assistance.