Good Luck to the class of 2024 as you leave campus life behind and embark on your remote learning voyage! May you find creative ways to stay connected with newly made friends and the Yale culture. We know that remote learning can be challenging, STC is here to help and we wish all students success in finishing the fall semester. Stay safe, stay well!
STC Student Technology Collaborative Services During COVID-19
IT modified student services as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. The Technology Troubleshooting Office (TTO) is fully remote! Chat with the STC for virtual technology advice, troubleshooting, and loaner laptop requests and returns. Software previously available only on public computers is now available virtually to all students through MyApps. STC Studios staff are available at firstname.lastname@example.org for free graphic design help. For details, visit our COVID-19 Changes website.
Remote Learning Support and Guidance
We know that learning remotely can be challenging. We’re here to help! Check out our remote learning support and guidance information below. Additional help may also be found on the Poorvu Center’s academic continuity website.
- Learn about DUO MFA multifactor authentication and enroll in DUO Everywhere MFA to only be prompted every 90 days.
- Turn on Canvas notifications, frequently check Canvas announcements, and know where to go for Canvas help.
- Get more familiar with Zoom through the Zoom guide for Yale students.
- Review Guiding Principles provided by the Poorvu Center for Teaching and Learning
- Set up Virtual Private Network (VPN). Yale VPN gives access to Library Resources and computers on campus. It is not needed for Zoom, Canvas, EliApps or the Software Library.
- Check out the Zoom quick guide for Zoom setup, best practices, and security advice.
- Take advantage of security updates and feature enhancements by keeping your Zoom app up to date.
- System Requirements & Recommended Internet Speeds
- Zoom exhaustion is real! Learn how to find balance and stay connected from mindful.org.
DUO Everywhere multifactor authentication will be needed in the January 2021 to access email and other applications. You are encouraged to enroll in DUO Everywhere now, at your convenience. DUO Everywhere is different than the DUO you are using today! DUO Everywhere reduces the frequency of the DUO prompts to every 90 days per session. To learn more about DUO Everywhere, including devices, authentication, and more, review the DUO Everywhere Frequently Asked Questions.